logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:28:05 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'm seeing a weird issue when I edit raw html on a page layout.

I can add a style= attribute to a div tag, that works. But later if I edit the page layout and try to add a semi-colon and second attribute to the same style=, the page refuses to post back.

See video.

https://www.screencast.com/t/6GxkaiWFSwlD

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:39:53 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Yes, this is because we have applied validation on the layout HTML source code to avoid any unwanted code script to be executed in the cshtml file.

Instead of inline styling in layout HTML, you should use classes and add the styles in .css file.

Note:
In my case, it shows a proper error message. I am not sure why it is not displaying the proper error message in your case. Can you please test in another browser because I have noticed that you have recently posted a few issues related to validation messages not being displayed? I wonder if there is something weird about your current browser.

Thanks
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 7:51:33 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I'm using Chrome. Just tested and seeing same issue in Firefox.

I'm just using latest Chrome on Windows 10 Pro and Visual Studio 2019 with Resharper. Pretty standard setup.

What I did was edit page layout first and add the background: white part. Then saved, did something elsewhere, then came back and edited it again. Maybe that's the steps to reproduce?

You're right I was trying to take a shortcut and fix the issue quickly with the CSS. I'll edit the CSS in the theme and remove the change in the page layout.

shari  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 1, 2020 8:23:38 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
OK, Thanks for the test.

The original issue will be resolved by using the styles from the .css file.
thanks 1 user thanked shaharyar for this useful post.
Joe Payne2 on 10/1/2020(UTC)