logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Joe Payne2  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 9:52:03 AM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
I somehow recall discussing this area before, so I apologize if this was previously covered.

I'm having issues updating the store logo in default sample theme:

1. Once a logo is changed, there's no way to change it back to the original logo in the /App_Themes/ folder. The Assets browser tab used to select an image only renders the /Assets/ folder. If logos can only be stored in /Assets/ then the sample theme should follow the same constraint. It's confusing to say the least.

2. There's no way to upload a new logo to the theme folder where it is typically stored - see #1

3. Logos that are not resized during upload do not fit within the preview boxes are are not reduced for visibility sake - it's impossible to see the logo you just uploaded if you didn't resize it.

4. There is an /Assets/Icons/ folder with several files in it. They appear to be sample or help images or perhaps preview images for various widgets? Why are these here? The /Assets/ folder should only be used by the user. Application-related images should not be mixed into user-accessible storage areas.

5. After uploading a file, I can longer select the uploaded file. The "Use this one" button is missing. My only resolution is to close the tab, go back to the site tab, re-click the Folder icon and then click the folder where the logo is stored. Problem is most likely because the redirect-url used after completed upload lacks the correct url parameters.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:03:46 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
https://www.ablecommerce...store-logo-does-not-work

This is the forum post with similar concerns.

We have discussed and addressed some of your concerns regarding the store logo upload feature. You can see the updates in our next version.

Thanks for your valuable feedback!
Joe Payne2  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 15, 2020 1:32:52 PM(UTC)
Joe Payne2

Groups: HelpDesk, Developers

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 25 post(s)
yup that was it. thanks.