logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rlopez397954  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 11, 2020 10:34:35 PM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Groups: Authorized User, Registered, Developers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have received several calls from customers indicating that they are getting a 500 error when trying to checkout using PayPal express. I've tested it and I'm having no issues. However, this error occurred yesterday and sure enough a customer called regarding this same issue. I saw there was earlier post regarding PayPal express not returning correctly but this issue appears to fail when trying to check out. If I'm wrong please let me know. Take a look at the error:

EntryDate MessageSeverity Text DebugData
2020-08-10T19:10:57.7470000-07:00 Error An error has occured at https://XXX.XXX.XXX/PayP...koutPayPal?command=ERROR "Exception: The partial view '~/Plugins/PayPal/Views/Retail/ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml' was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
~/Plugins/PayPal/Views/Retail/ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml
Stack Trace: at System.Web.Mvc.PartialViewResult.FindView(ControllerContext context)
at System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore()
at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.<.cctor>b__0(IAsyncResult asyncResult, Action action)
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStepImpl(IExecutionStep step)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Any feedback would be great.

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

shari  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 8:08:22 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
I am able to reproduce the issue. The view file name isn't correct.
Thank you for reporting the issue.

For now to resolve the issue, you can rename the view file name.

- Please make sure the paypal plugin is installed
- Go to Website/Plugins/PayPal/Views/Retail folder
- Rename ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml to PayPalExpressCheckout.cshtml

UPDATED

- Rename PayPalExpressCheckout.cshtml to ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml

Edited by user Thursday, August 13, 2020 5:54:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

rlopez397954  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 8:50:34 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Shari thanks for the response. I do not have a ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml file in the Retail folder. However, the PayPalExpressCheckout.cshtml is already there.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 10:00:42 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I'm not sure if Shari meant to say just the opposite, why don't you make a copy of the " PayPalExpressCheckout.cshtml" into the same directory, and rename the copy to "ExpressCheckoutPayPal.cshtml" and see what happens.
shari  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:08:15 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Thanks Ray, you are right. I mistakenly wrote the opposite.
My opologies.
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:17:14 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hi Shari,

Since we are all trying to become more comfortable with this new MVC version of Ablecommerce, would it be correct to say that you can create the identical directory structure under your custom theme and just put the file there?

I'm assuming that this version of Ablecommerce would give priority to any file located in the proper directory structure under the current theme?

Thanks
shari  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 12, 2020 12:22:36 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Hi Ray,

You are right, you can do so for ablecommerce application view files, be it retail side or admin side, but this is not possible for plugins view files.

Thanks
rlopez397954  
#8 Posted : Friday, August 14, 2020 8:33:29 AM(UTC)
rlopez397954

Just getting back to this. I went ahead and change the naming of the file. Tested from inside all is good. I'll see what happens from the retail side.

Thanks again for all of your help.