logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:16:40 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Hello Everyone,

I need to update the inner template for many products, but the export feature does not list inner templates as a field I can manipulate, I was assuming that if I go to the products database, and I know the proper InnerTemplateId, I can manipulate it there?

I did do it on one product, but it would not work, what am I missing?

Just checking, don't wish to scramble my database?

Thanks

Edited by user Wednesday, July 29, 2020 2:30:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

ray22901031  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 1, 2020 4:32:53 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Support,

Can you please help me with this problem?

Thanks
mazhar  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 6:35:48 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Have you tried the product batch editing? The field that you should be updating is ac_Products.InnerTemplateId.
ray22901031  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 9:16:37 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Thank you very much for your reply, I am editing the proper field "ac_Products.InnerTemplateId.", and changing it to the proper inner template ID of "68". After going back to the website and finding that particular product, and doing a refresh, nothing happens.

The only thing I haven't done was reset IIS.

Yes I could go to batch editing, but it's a lot easier to change it using a query when you have lots of items.

What am I missing here?

Thanks
mazhar  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 11:04:48 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I am not sure, the standard way is to use API calls to update. Try to check different products, specially the ones where you are certain that nothing is customized from retail.
ray22901031  
#6 Posted : Monday, August 3, 2020 11:12:16 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Absolutely nothing is customized from retail, it just does not work if you do it manually at the database leading me to believe that there's another entry that needs to be made. It would be great if inner template was part of the export option as this would make life a lot easier for people who need to make large adjustments.

Thanks