logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
speedythinker1832579  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 18, 2020 3:05:25 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Hi

I'm wondering if I can check the sales record by entering a product number.
Currently, I have a hard time finding sales history per item.

Please help

Marco

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

mazhar  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 20, 2020 7:38:43 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Well we have a report "Sales By Product" that gets you the sales total for every product sold. If you are trying to find the orders for any particular product then you can try the Order Manager "Find Keyword" filer with "Search In" option either Product Name or Product SKU.
speedythinker1832579  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2020 12:21:58 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

It helps. Thanks!

May I ask one more question: how do I see item's views count? Currently, it shows eight items only, but I'd like to see all item's view count. I remembered that an older version provides item view counts, not eight but all, and was listed by pages. But since Gold, the feature was gone

Thx
shari  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 1:56:57 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Groups: Admin, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 113 time(s) in 112 post(s)
Can you please mention the page you are referring to. A URL would be helpful

Thanks
speedythinker1832579  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2020 6:51:03 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

It is under the "Reports" > Products > Popular Products. I really like to see the number of views under "Views Data". And if possible, being able to export the view data would be an excellanct feature

Thx
shari  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:16:23 AM(UTC)
shaharyar

To see all item's view count in View Data tab, you need to make code change.

To make a change please follow these steps:

1- Open \Website\Areas\Admin\Controllers\ReportController.cs
2- Find for these lines
Code:
DateTime last60Days = (new DateTime(localNow.Year, localNow.Month, localNow.Day, 0, 0, 0)).AddDays(-60);
                SortableCollection<KeyValuePair<ICatalogable, int>> productViews = _pageViewRepo.GetViewsByProduct(8, 0, "ViewCount DESC");

3- Replace with these lines
Code:
DateTime last60Days = (new DateTime(localNow.Year, localNow.Month, localNow.Day, 0, 0, 0)).AddDays(-60);
                SortableCollection<KeyValuePair<ICatalogable, int>> productViews = _pageViewRepo.GetViewsByProduct(0, 0, "ViewCount DESC");

4- Compile the code

Edited by user Tuesday, June 30, 2020 3:17:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

speedythinker1832579  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:29:38 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hi Shari:

Thank you for your help. I apologize that I haven't much programming for years. I'm wondering the last statement you mentioned "Compile the code", how do I do it? Do I upload a compiled file like .hex file back to server or somehow I can do it on the website inline instead? Please explain a little in detail. If an external compiling is required, I'm going to get Visual Studio

Thanks
Marco
shari  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 1:58:36 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Hi Marco,

You will need Visual Studio to compile the code. Once the application is set on visual studio please follow these steps.

1- Complete the changes in the controller file as suggested
2- From the solution explorer, right-click on Ablecommerce project and click build.
3- Make sure from the output window the build is successful
4- Now open file explorer and open Website/bin folder
5- Search and copy the Ablecommerce.dll file
6- Complete the file changes on live application hosted on the server and paste the .dll file in Website/bin folder

Thanks
speedythinker1832579  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:41:12 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

I used FTP to download all files from the webserver to my PC and I found a project name "AbleCommerce.csproj"
Then, I opened the project with VS Studio but I got two errors and bunch of warning:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error Solution is not saved. Please save your solution before managing NuGet packages.
Error This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\packages\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.2.3.1\build\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.props. AbleCommerce E:\wwwRoot\Lightobject.9.0.2.6218\AbleCommerce.csproj 2164

Any hint suggestion so I can fix it?

Thx

shari  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 2:51:28 PM(UTC)
shaharyar

Right click on solution explorer and select restore nuget packages.
Hopefully this will resolve the issue
speedythinker1832579  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2020 6:02:46 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

It didn't help :(

I have "Visual Studio 2019 Community" installed in my PC. Not sure if I need Pro version in order to do it. I still received an error

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\packages\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.2.3.1\build\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.props. AbleCommerce E:\wwwRoot\Lightobject.9.0.2.6218\AbleCommerce.csproj 2168

Any suggestion?
mazhar  
#12 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:24:24 AM(UTC)
mazhar

Groups: Admin, Administrators, HelpDesk, System, Authorized User, Developers, Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 15 post(s)
It should work with Community Edition, the error is complaining about required packages. In your Visual Studio Solution Explorer, Right Click the Very top Solution node and then choose the option to Restore NuGet Packages. It should download all the required packages, once download is complete you can try to compile again.
speedythinker1832579  
#13 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2020 10:53:05 AM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Hi mazhar:

I tried more than 20 times to do "Restore NuGet Packages" in two different machines for last two days and none work. It kept saying missing link even though I manually installed the "Microsoft.Net.Compilers.2.3.1" and copied the folder to the Program(X48).... got no luck either. Also, I tried "PackageReference" and Package.Config" and again none made any difference. Very frustrated.

Here is the error I got:

1>------ Build started: Project: AbleCommerce, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
1>E:\wwwRoot\Lightobject.9.0.2.6218\AbleCommerce.csproj(2716,5): error : This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is ..\packages\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.2.3.1\build\Microsoft.Net.Compilers.props.
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
speedythinker1832579  
#14 Posted : Friday, July 17, 2020 6:24:31 PM(UTC)
speedythinker1832579

Any other hint? Or, Shari can you compile it and let me try if it work?

Thanks!