logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 1:10:16 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Add-to-Cart.png (233kb) downloaded 7 time(s).

Please see the enclosed picture, as you can see some of the items have "Add to Cart" and some have "View Details". Please notice that none of the items are displaying a price because the "hide my price" is checked.

My understanding is that if price is not shown, it should display "view details", not "add to cart". If I refreshed the page, it will alternate back and forth between products and all of them have the "hide my price" checked.

Is this a bug?

-Ray

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Naveed Ashraf  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:27:35 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

If for some product we select "Require user to click link to view price" then it must show a price link, on product page and for all product listings.

The Add to Cart button visibility is not effected by this. For this particular issue, I think the issue is that the "View price link" is missing.

Please confirm, and I will report this issue and get this fixed.

Thanks,
Naveed Ashraf
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:38:28 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Hello Naveed ,

You need to re-look at the picture, when you display products in a "feature wrapper" or even "product finder", it will NOT SHOW a price link. It will only show a price link, if you are in the detailed view of that product or you use quick view, only them.

I have gone to my default installation that has absolutely no modifications to verify this.

All these products have "Require user to click link to view price" because they are under a MAP policy. The fact that the system at random chooses to display "View Details" or "Add to Cart" randomly must be a bug.
Naveed Ashraf  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:46:35 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Hi,

The "View Details" button is displayed, when the product final price can not be determined precisely. For example in following scenarios:

1. for products having different options
2. or kit products with optional components.
3. Or products with variable prices.

etc.

I have checked our AC Gold store, and there we show the "View price link" for all product listings as well. I think in your scenario you want to hide the "Add to Cart" link?
If you want to hide the "Add to cart" button for such products I can help you with this.

Thanks,
Naveed Ashraf
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
ray22901031  
#5 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 10:55:01 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Okay now it makes sense, "Add to cart" will show when there are no product options, but if there are product options, than the system will show "View Details", this makes a lot of sense now.

Since all my products covered under MAP have options, with the exception of one, they will show "View Details", I guess I can have my developer make sure that when the price is hidden, always show "View Details".

Thanks
Naveed Ashraf  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2020 11:37:21 PM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Great! you figured it out. Here is a tip for you!

Ask your developer to create a copy of the respective View file:

~/Website/Views/Shared/_ProductItemDisplay.cshtml

To the theme folder, for example:

~/Website/Themes/Sample/Views/Shared/_ProductItemDisplay.cshtml

And modify this view file, instead modifying the original view file.

The active theme view file will be picked (if exists) and original view file will be ignored.
This way it will be easy for future upgrades, and you will not loose your custom changes.

Thanks
Naveed Ashraf

Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com