logo
Welcome to our new AbleCommerce forums. As a guest, you may view the information here. To post to this forum, you must have a registered account with us, either as a new user evaluating AbleCommerce or an existing user of the application. For all questions related to the older version of Gold and earlier, please go to AbleCommerce Gold forum. Please use your AbleCommerce username and password to Login. New Registrations are disabled.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ray22901031  
#1 Posted : Saturday, February 29, 2020 7:20:39 PM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
It seems that under this system, product options must be created at the product level. I am used to a system where options are created at a global level, and then the options are attached to the products themselves. I have multiple products that use the same options over and over again, so you can imagine the amount of work necessary to create and maintain them.

At the very least, it would be a good feature to have the ability to export options, so we can re-import them into new products. At least this would save a tremendous amount of re-typing.

I hope this could be considered a future request.

-Ray

Edited by user Saturday, February 29, 2020 7:22:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Wanna join the discussion?! Login to your AbleCommerce Forums forum account. New Registrations are disabled.

Naveed Ashraf  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 1:56:00 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

Yes options need to be created at product level.

However, Kit components can be created at global level and can be attached to products.

You are right about DataExchange feature, Data Exchange feature can be used to export, edit/customize and import options quickly.

Thanks,
Naveed Ashraf
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available
ray22901031  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 2, 2020 10:28:52 AM(UTC)
ray22901031

Groups: Authorized User, Developers

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Could you please provide details on how to get this done. I have tried doing it by myself, but I have not been able to do so. I have exported the options from one product, I then added the spreadsheet and change the product ID and try to reimport, but it does not work.

Also it would be a good idea to display the ID number of the product somewhere in the product page in the backend as opposed to the URL.

Many thanks
Naveed Ashraf  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2020 12:56:38 AM(UTC)
Naveed Ashraf

Groups: Admin, Administrators, Developers, Registered, HelpDesk, Authorized User

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Hi,

There is no straight-forward out of the box way to copy the options of some other product. However with a couple of hacks I am able to copy the options and variants of other products using the "Data Exchange" feature.

Here are the steps:

1. From the product manage, select the product you want to copy the options for, and export the "Product Variants". You have to select the the "Product Variants" export option at export screen. Also uncheck the product specific fields while exporting:

https://ibb.co/BcsngSs
[img=https://ibb.co/BcsngSs]Variants Export Screen[/img]

2. Now after download edit the CSV file, and change the "ProductId" field value to target product and save.

3. Import the CSV file using the product variants import feature. Select the "Existing products to update" on the "Select Import Mode" screen. Otherwise it will complain about the missing categories and some other required fields.

NOTE: Do not forget to take a database backup before playing with it.

Thanks,
Naveed Ashraf
Thanks for your support!
Naveed Ashraf
Ablecommerce.com
Developer Assistance Available